Monday, August 30, 2010

Daddy Inspired Moves


























I think I probably started planning Lylah Tove's birthday party when she turned six months old. She started doing this twist dance with her torso and her arms held out like a ballerina, and every time she hears music she goes crazy dancing, with what I can only imagine are daddy inspired moves. It was then that I started calling her my little ballerina. As she began to pull up and hold on to things, she would point her toe on one foot and circle it around like a rond de jambe, only solidifying her calling as a baby dancer.


Her birthday party was more fun than I could have hoped for. I was so worried that she would just give out at some point or have a major temper tantrum (not that she usually does) but this is what I have been warned happens on these kinds of days. Instead, she was the biggest show off ever. She woke up and was smiles and giggles from morning to night.



We decided to have her party in the carport outside around 4:00 (yes, this was a horrible idea, I know). Shockingly no one melted and the party was a hit! Lylah got to enjoy her first piece of cake and devoured the whole thing!



I am so thankful for this past year. I think Lylah's party was a great time of rejoicing in what God has done in our life this past year. In many ways this party was more for me and Andrew than it was for Lylah. It was great having the people that have loved, and prayed and supported us this past year gather round us and just say "you made it." And we did. I am excited about my new little one year old. My little ballerina!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Keep blogging Mer, I need entertainment

The Burkes said...

a perfect way to celebrate ONE YEAR with Lylah! looks like fun was had by all! We love you Tovey and pray that the Lord continues to bless you, mommy, and daddy!