
Yesterday Lylah had her two month check up. I had been dreading this day for quite some time knowing that she would get her first shot. I hate to hear my girl cry from pain, its so pitiful. She was a champ though. After weighing in at 12 lbs 5 oz (in the 90th percentile of babies) and measuring 24 1/2 in (in the 97th percentile) Lylah received her vaccines. She did great, she cried only for a short time and then it was the hunger cries that took over being that we had been in the doctors office for over 2 hours.
I think our girl is going to be tall. When she was born she was 20 inches long, when I was born I was 21inches. At 9 weeks she has hit 24 1/2 and I didn't hit 24 1/4 inches until I was four months old!! Maybe she has her Aunt Sharon's height. Maybe she will be another great basketball player like her Daddy!
Our baby girl continues to change each day. Her personality is really coming out now. She smiles SO much in the morning and flirts ridiculously with her daddy. He can get her to grin bigger than anybody. Lylah is also super talkative in the evening, usually while I am making dinner. This is her big "awake" time. I need to get her on video soon and post it. Also, we noticed this week that she has started doing this fake little cough to get our attention. I guess we have made too big of a deal when she was coughing before :) Its really cute though. Our other favorite thing that she does is pout. When she gets sad she sticks her bottom lip out so far and just holds it there. It is hilarious and we laugh at her every time. I feel so guilty laughing because she is trying to communicate that she is displeased, but when I finally capture the face in a pic you will laugh too.
I'll post some more pictures soon. I have tons sitting in my camera. Can't wait to see everyone for the holidays!
1 comment:
glad to get an update on the Tove. miss you and love you.
Post a Comment