Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Great Exodus (A Hendley Family Version)

The month of May has been absolutely crazy for Andrew and me. In the process of packing up our house we were also finishing up grad school and saying goodbye to our dear Orlando friends. The week we moved to Mississippi was one of high emotion and much unneeded drama. We like to say this is the week the plagues began in our version of the exodus. After making it through the rains, tick infestations, and a close call on our mortgage we made it to the weekend. Friday night we walked across the stage at First Pres Orlando and received our graduate diplomas. What a feeling! The service was wonderful and I felt like it served as a great source of closure to our time in Orlando.

The next day I had the most beautiful baby shower anyone could have asked for. My sisters and dear friends made me feel so loved and showed their love for our little Lylah on the way. Thank you girls to all your efforts, I will always remember that day and cant wait until Lylah is old enough to hear about it and look at pictures!!


Finally, we packed up our belongings and loaded the Uhaul. It took Dad and Andrew over six hours to load the Uhaul only to find out that it wasn't big enough and we had to leave some items behind. How do we accumulate all this stuff!?? We rolled out of Orlando Monday morning with Moses in the Uhaul and Pharaoh in the truck. The wondering in the wilderness had finally begun.












After many days of traveling, God did provide our source of Manna and water, mainly fast food and diet cokes and we arrived in Brookhaven on Wednesday. That morning we closed on our house and when we got to the house there were signs and balloons welcoming us home. We didn't have much time to soak it all in because within minutes of being there about 30-40 people showed up to help us unload. this time it took all of thirty minutes to unpack the truck!! I bet I can find some good uses for these kids! Everyone was so great, I didn't have to lift a thing! We really felt welcomed in like family. Moses and Pharaoh are truly in the Promised Land and Andrew and I couldn't be happier in our new home. Thank you for all the prayers that got us here safely. I'll be sure to update everyone as time goes on.


1 comment:

The Burkes said...

Love the update and new pics! Keep 'em comin'! Love you!