Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Great Expectations

Well, for those of you that may not have heard yet the rumors are true...we are expecting!! Andrew and I are expecting our first baby on August 17th 2009. This year is going to be full of changes for us and we look too all of them with eager expectation. We will both graduate from RTS in May (yayyy!!!). I have already began to get a little emotional thinking about leaving this place. Orlando has been such a special part of my life. I have truly enjoyed RTS and am thankful for meeting Andrew while I have been here. This place will always be very dear to us.

Andrew is in the process of looking for a job now that he will be graduating. We have no idea where we will land. We just hope somewhere not too far away from friends and family. This is going to be another big adjustment that we are both exciting and slightly nervous about.

And then the baby will come (I think it will be a boy, but its just a guess)!! We had our second Dr. appointment on Monday. I am just over 12 weeks and everything looks great! Hearing the baby's heartbeat was amazing! Truly life changing, I got a little emotional and Andrew pondered N.T. Wright (the book he was reading in the office). The only concern we have this far is that I tested positive for being a Cystic Fibrosis carrier. This is no surprise to me being that it runs in my family. Andrew now has to be tested to see if he is a carrier. Please pray that he is not so that this isn't something that we have to worry about. If Andrew is a carrier our baby has a 25% chance of having the disease and this would mean some big decisions about any other future children. I dint want to end on a negative note though! We are very hopeful in all that God is going to do in this baby's life. We thank everyone for all the prayers and support thus far. More updates and pictures to come!! 6 months and counting!

1 comment:

The Burkes said...

So glad you have FINALLY blogged the good news :o) I can't believe 3 months has already gone by...the next 6 will zoom by too (I'm sure)! Can't wait to see you and rub that sweet baby belly!